SAN DIEGO, Calif. (1/28/2016) — Providien announced today that it will unite its Integra Biotechnical, Dynaroll and SMI business units under the Providien banner. Providien operates facilities in California (San Diego, Sylmar, and Carlsbad) and Tijuana, Mexico providing turn-key product manufacturing and factory-focused operations.
The extensive range of contract manufacturing capabilities now offered by Providien includes:
- New Product Development, with dedicated work cells enabling rapid responses
- Program Management, with expertise in manufacturing transfers to low-cost regions
- Supply Chain Management, from component sourcing & supplier management through sterilization and fulfillment
- Thermoforming (pressure-forming, twin sheet manufacturing, vacuum-forming, and engineering/design services)
- Injection Molding (clean room & white room, insert molding, tight-tolerance, tool design, and integrated automation)
- Machining & Metals (metal & plastic machining, electromechanical assembly, and precision bearings)
- Medical Device Assembly (lean, low-cost assembly, supplier management, and sterile barrier packaging)
Providien’s goal is to exceed customers’ requirements by providing broader capabilities and a greater level of service within a single business entity. Bill Gerard, Providien President, commented, “Providien’s offering of a broad range of cost-effective manufacturing capabilities and services allows us to better serve our customers in providing fully integrated, turn-key solutions to meet the growing demands of our current customer base and to compete aggressively in the medical device contract manufacturing marketplace.”
About Providien Contract Manufacturing
Providien (www.providienmedical.com) is a leading contract manufacturer of clinically superior medical devices and advanced manufacturing solutions for the medical device and life sciences industry. Providien operates facilities in California (Carlsbad, Sylmar and San Diego) and Tijuana, Mexico. Providien’s extensive range of contract manufacturing capabilities includes new product development, program management, supply chain management, thermoforming, injection molding, machining & metals and medical device assembly.