Medical Grade TPUs (Thermoplastic Polyurethanes) are some of the most versatile plastic materials available today for use in medical devices.
There are a multitude of applications that make TPUs and flexible film forming the ideal choice. Many of the toughest challenges of design and performance requirements of devices and components can be solved by using the unique characteristics and properties of these materials.
Drapes, sterile barriers, surgical products are just a few of the many products that utilize TPUs for medical applications.
Medical Grade TPUs are high-performance materials that exhibit a unique combination of useful properties that bridge the gap between rubber and hard thermoplastics.
They are abrasion resistant, highly elastic, and exhibit excellent low-temperature flexibility otherwise only known from rubber products.
Some of the advantages of thermoplastic polyurethanes (TPUs) include:
- Biocompatibility that meets the requirements of ISO 10993-1
- Ability to be sterilized using the most common sterilization methods
- Excellent resistance to common medical device cleaning agents, chemicals and bacteria
- Excellent clarity for enhanced visual observation
- Prevents tube blockages
- High Moisture Vapor Transmission Rate (MVTR) for comfortable drapes and breathable wound dressings
Providien Thermoforming’s engineers are experts with TPUs and flexible film forming.
We have vast experience with many different gauges, products, TPU grades and part designs.
We look forward to assisting you with your next challenge, please let us know if we can help!